LoftPAC Meeting Minutes: 10/6/14
For those of you who could not attend the meeting, here are the minutes, a.k.a things we talked about, from the meeting!:
- Butter Braids: Fundraising opportunity. Funds earned from fundraising will be put into your personal account and you can use your funds for theatre trips, Loft Stage apparel, and other various theatre aspects. For a form to sell Butter Braids, see Ms. Hestwood. DUE DATE FOR FORMS: 10/27/14.
- New York City: There was a meeting on 10/6/14 @ 7:00 for all people attending the New York City trip over MEA. If you could not attend the meeting, see Ms. Hestwood for more information.
- Minnesota Thespians: A theatre organization that the Loft Stage is involved in. Minnesota Thespians connects high school thespians from all over Minnesota who all share a love for theatre. Every year there is a two-day festival and you can participate in workshops, compete in NIES and Tech Challenge, and see shows put on by other Minnesota Schools. This year we, East Ridge, are hosting the first day of the festival! The second day will be at The Guthrie. For more information about thespians, contact Abby Winston, email@example.com.
- NIES for MN Thespians: National Individual Events Showcase. This is an aspect of the MN Thespian Festival. The performance Individual Events include: Monologue, Duet Acting, Group Acting, Solo Musical Theatre, Duet Musical Theatre, and Group Musical Theatre. The technical Individual Events include: Costume Construction, Costume Design, Lighting Design, Scenic Design, Short Film, Sound Design, Stage Management, and Theatre Marketing. For all rules and regulations, visit mnthespians.org. If you have any questions, contact Maggie Eckberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, or see Ms. Hestwood.
- Other School Shows: As part of our social and community outreach, the LoftPAC attends other schools shows. This would not be a formal field trip, but the LoftPAC officers and Ms. Hestwood will organize it. When a show rolls around, we will take a poll to see who is interested and then contact you with more information. We make it a special priority to attend our sister school’s, Woodbury and Park, shows. For more information, contact Brenna Masgai, email@example.com.
If you have any questions about what we talked about at the meeting, contact Maggie Eckberg, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
October 2014 Newsletter: LoftPAC Corner
A few words from your LoftPAC president, Abby Winston:
What a great start to a new school year! In the five weeks since school started, we have been very busy here at the Loft Stage. We started the year off with a bang with auditions for our fall musical Into the Woods. Then, we walked in the homecoming parade, participated in the Out of the Darkness walk, and started set and costume construction! WOW. October is also a big month for the Loft Stage–ValleyScare on October 3rd, Butter Braid sales, the New York trip, and more rehearsals for Into the Woods! Thank you to all those who have been coming to set and costume construction in the past few weeks! It has been amazing seeing how many people are involved with this production. We hope to see all of you at the next LoftPAC meeting, Monday October 6th after school in the choir room. Thank you for all your hard work, Lofties!
Minnesota Sings Selects Maggie Eckberg
Minnesota Sings vocal competition has selected Maggie Eckberg to represent the city of Woodbury in a competition on Sunday, September 28th at the Holiday Inn, St. Paul. In order to promote the event, Maggie will also perform at 8:00am on the WCCO Morning News Saturday, September 27th. Congratulations and Break a Leg in the next round of competition. For more information on Minnesota sings visit minnesotasings.com.
WCT’s The Hollow Opens Friday!
Agatha Christie’s, The Hollow opens on Friday, September 19th in the Black Box theater at East Ridge. The show is directed by our own Marcie Berglund and will be performed over the next two weekends. Log onto www.merrillartscenter.org. Save $3.00 per student ticket by using the code HSBOOSTERS on the first screen in the lower right corner when you select your number of tickets.
Join the lofties at Valley Scare for a fun and educational experience! On October 3rd at 4:00pm we will leave ERHS by bus and head out to an evening at Valley Scare. Behind the scenes tours, demonstrations and scare-actor lessons will start things out before students are released into the park for an evening of scary fun! Please print out the attached information and field trip form and return it with your payment to Ms. Hestwood no later than Wednesday, September 17th.