Shell Lake Arts Center Summer Camp Opportunities
Please see Ms. H for scholarship information.
Week I: July 28-August 2, 2013
Week II August 4-9, 2013
Completing Grades 8-12
Camp fee: $550
Course Fee: $35
No Experience Required!
This camp is for all actors, singers and dancers who love musical theater! If you want to fine tune your skills in time for your high school musical auditions, this is the camp for you! We move fast and work as hard as we play! With classes dealing with in the moment acting, vocal production and jazz/musical theatre dance techniques, you will be well on your way to becoming a genuine triple threat. You will work all week with experienced faculty, who are also seasoned professional artists, along side your fellow performers to create a one-of-a-kind, original musical production that YOU helped write! Each week we’ll produce an entirely different show so join us for both and have twice the fun!!!
May 2013 LoftPAC Corner
A message from LoftPAC President, Pari Cariaga:
It simply amazes me how fast this year went. Surely “White Christmas” happened only yesterday and “The Big Meal” a few hours ago. I am so very proud of the accomplishments that the Loft Stage has made this year, and over the course of four years. I remember sitting in the theater on one of the first tours. Dust still coated the seats. Fancy light and sound systems were not installed. But the anticipation of creating magic on stage was present. I can vividly remember opening night of “Seussical.” I don’t think any of us knew that that show was going to be a memorable kick off to a theater experience that we were never going to forget. My senior class was there to witness all of the highs (and a few lows) in the creation and formation of the Loft Stage. We count ourselves lucky to have been able to have this unique experience of setting the traditions that will mark many pre-show routines in the years to come. So freshmen, sophomores, and juniors, don’t forget to Aroostisha and pass the kiss, and be sure to keep it classy on Sunday and always go bananas at intermission. As the class of 2013 passes on the torch, we ask everyone to not forget the meaning of tradition and what it truly means to be an actor or techie or musician on the Loft Stage.
A Midsummer Night’s Dream Rehearsal Pictures
April 1st, 2013 ~ Minutes
April 1st, 2013
Hello everyone! Happy April Fools Day!
- We are looking forward to see Minnetonka’s production of Aida on May 10nth
- Keep checking the website and the facebook page for more information coming up in the future!
- Are you interested in bein a leader in LOFTpac next year?
- Send Mrs. Hestwood an email with what positions you are interested in and why you think you should be an officer
- positions: President, Vice President, Clerk/Secretary, historian, and Special Events
- Your email should be sent to Mrs. Hestwood by the end of April!
- Make sure you get in and fill out your Thespian points this week if you think you have enough points to be a member
- If you are not currently a member, but are being intitiated this year, make sure you bring Mrs, Hestwood 20 dollars by Wednesday!
- Possible points include seeing shows, being in shows, set contruction/costuming, taking theatre classes, going to workshops
- May 21st
- Mark this in your calendars so you can attend!
5. Spotlight Rehearsals
- Those of you who are performing in the Spotlight Showcase should mark these dates in as rehearsals
- May 7th, 11th, 24th, 31st
6. Senior Pictures
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get your senior pictures in to Chuy!
- Send them to him at email@example.com
- If you are a senior, you are really going to want to have a nice senior photo in the banquet!
- I believe in you all 🙂
7. Summer Workshops
- The first week of August, there will be workshops in the morning for middle schoolers and afternoon for high schoolers
- If you are interested in being a “counselor” for the middle schoolers, talk to Mrs. Hestwood
- Also, there will be more specialized classes on Wednesday nights during the summer to prepare for Aida
- More info on specifics coming in the future, so keep chekcing the website
Thank you all for coming! If you couldn’t make it, thanks for chekcing out what you missed here at theloftstage.com. If you are on Twitter, follow @TheLoftStage !! Remember to keep cheking your email for the monthly newsletter! It’s filled will lots of great information! See you next month!