The Loft Stage at East Ridge, a 938 seat state of the art facility, is home to East Ridge High School Band, Orchestra, Choir and Theater as well as the primary
venue for Merrill Arts Center and many of our community's best fine arts events. If you have not yet visited the Loft, check out Little Women, coming this
January to The Loft Stage!
Fiddler on the Roof Student Information
Those who are going to participate in the fall musical need to complete their registration by Friday, September 18th. We encourage everyone to fill out their registration early.
Fall Musical Registration (cast, crew and orchestra)
Students should complete the following steps before auditions:
- Fill out the audition information and conflict calendar BEFORE auditions.
- Sign up on the same link for a vocal/acting audition during one of the following times:
- Monday, September 14 at 3:15 pm
- Wednesday, September 16 at 4:15 pm
- Students can prepare a vocal audition piece of their choosing or sing a song from the show that the vocal director will select and teach to the whole group. Audition pieces should have an MP3 or CD accompaniment as there will be no accompanist present for auditions and should consist of at least 32 bars. Students can sing anything from their repertoire but a pop song is not recommended. Students are encouraged to sing the staff-selected piece if they have not prepared a song in advance (don’t throw it together last minute).
- Audition cuttings, including the vocal piece can be found below!
- Students will also sign up for a dance audition during one of the following times:
- Tuesday, September 15 at 7:00pm
- Wednesday, September 16 at 3:15pm
Students interested in participating on the tech crew for Fiddler on the Roof should complete the online technical information form. The first tech meeting is on Friday, September 18th after school in the choir room. If you are unable to make the tech meeting, please make sure you fill out the technical information form after reviewing the tech meeting presentation, which will be posted online immediately following the tech meeting.
Pit Orchestra Information
Students interested in participating in the pit orchestra for Fiddler on the Roof should complete the pit orchestra information form, which can be downloaded below. After reviewing the schedule and confirming your availability for all rehearsals and performances, please return the pit orchestra information form to the ERHS Band Office on or before the first audition day on September 21st.
Order a Make-Up Kit
Make-Up kits are available for purchase for those that don’t already have one. All cast members should have their own make-up kit matched to their skin tone. If you don’t know what kit color you need, please see Ms. Verschaetse for assistance.
Order a Make-Up Kit
Merrill Community Arts Center Workshop Opportunities for Students
Loft Theater Camp
Summer Theater at the Loft Stage
Join the staff of East Ridge Theater Department in exploring the world of theater on the Loft Stage. Students will choose from workshops on acting, singing, dancing, scene painting, improvisation, technical theater and so much more. Workshops are intended for students who are new to the theatrical arts as well as those with lots of experience. So come and join us for a wonderful week of theater! A T-shirt is included in camp fee. Please note size on your registration.
There are two sections August 3rd-7th. Morning session is from 9:00am-12:00pm and the afternoon session is from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
MN Scholars of Distinction!
Anna Reimann and Garrett Hildebrandt were selected as Minnesota Scholars of Distinction by the Minnesota Department of Education. Pictured above with their scene partners Samantha Wynn and Tony May, these talented Lofties will be honored in a ceremony on May 16th at the Perpich Center for the Arts in Golden Valley.
Garrett has been selected to perform at the ceremony, the second time in two years that an East Ridge student has been selected for this singular honor.
Congratulations Anna and Garrett on your hard work and outstanding achievement!