Silent Auction FAQs
We’ve already received some great donations from families for the opening night Silent Auction, but we really could use more. Here are the answers to all your Silent Auction questions:
Q: Do I have to attend the Gala to bid on Silent Auction items?
A: No. All are welcome to check out the goods and place their bids. Just sign up for a bidder number before you get started.
Q: When do I know if I win and do I have to be present?
A: Bidding closes five minutes before the end of intermission. People can check their bids either before the show’s second half resumes or after the show is over. We do prefer you pay for and pick up your winnings that same night.
Q: What sorts of donations are you still looking for?
A: Everything and anything. We still need people to ask retailers for donations. Cash always works. Or put together a theme basket.
Here are some ideas:
Gift Cards for stocking stuffers:
- Starbucks or Caribou
- Steepery/Tea Garden
- Sporting Goods Stores (Dick’s, Sports Authority, Golf Galaxy, etc.)
- Target (of course) and other local retailers
- Local restaurants (Woodbury, Hudson, Afton, Lake Elmo, etc.)
- Movie theatres
- Heppners Auto Body
- Oil change
- Teeth whitening
- Hair salon services
Theme baskets such as:
- Italian dinner (noodles, sauce, cheese grinder, cookbook)
- Baking basket (baking pan, spatula, baking mix, cupcake liners, etc)
- Hostess basket: (lotions, holiday towels, fancy soaps, etc)
- Dog Lover’s basket (gift card to a pet supply store, toys, treats, copy of Old Yeller, etc)
- Family Movie Night—look for holiday, teenage, children’s, and/or comedy classics to create a theme, then add popcorn
- Slumber party basket (hair and nail supplies; makeup; curling wand; snacks; just about any John Hughes’ movie ever made)
- Family Game Night
- Wine lover’s basket
- Beer lover’s basket
- Chocolate lover’s basket
- Coffee lover’s basket
- Book lover’s Bestsellers basket
- College student homesickness survival kit
Q: Where should I drop off donations?
A: You have two options!
1. Contact Kristy Martin (email@example.com; 612-978-2264) or Pam Gotz (firstname.lastname@example.org; 651-324-8871) and they will pick up your donation from you
2. Drop off at Kristy’s house: 8409 Marsh Creek Rd; Woodbury (bin outside of front door)
Q. When are donations due?
A. As soon as possible! We will take donations up until Monday, November 19, but since we need to put together descriptions for the items, the sooner we receive them the better.
Of course, feel free to contact Kristy or Pam with any questions, and thanks again for your support of the Loft Stage’s largest fundraiser of the year!