Loftie students, parents and alumni will join together to help build Madison’s Place, a fully accessible playground right here in Woodbury. If you are interested in joining the team that will work for Habitat for Humanity on September 19th, please click the following link and join us! LOFTIE TEAM
More information on this project:
Build an Accessible Playground
Help Build Community in Woodbury!
The City of Woodbury,The Madison Claire Foundation, and Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity are partnering to build a fully accesible playground in Woodbury. We need volunteers to help build this playground!
The Madison Claire Foundation has partnered with business and community leaders to buildMadison’s Place, the Twin Cities’ East Metro’s first completely handicapped accessible, “inclusive playground” where children with and without disabilities can play together side by side to foster friendships, understanding, and acceptance. Madison’s Place will be a destination park that was the vision of the foundation.
- Volunteers will be working under the direction of Flagship Recreation to build the playground.
- Snacks, water, safety equipment, and tools will be provided.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind getting torn or stained. Sturdy, closed heel/toe shoes are required.
- Youth ages 14 and up are invited to build with us.
- All youth under 18 must be supervised by an adult who is at least 21 years of age.
- There must be one adult supervisor per four youth out onsite.