As you know, the ERHS musicals are, hands down, the best theatre value around. And you’ve heard this year’s show is already phenomenal in rehearsals! Face it—you long to get swept up in the swoony, forbidden romance spectacle that is Aida. Well, tickets are disappearing fast, so Get On It. And if you really want to do it up in style, hit the pre-show Gala—the party of the year.
Q: What do you get for your Gala and Show tickets?
A: An $8 to $10 ticket to the opening night PERFORMANCE gets you:
- Awesome show for a ridiculously low price
- Awesome hand-decorated cookies
- Access to the Silent Auction, also awesome
A $10 ticket to the opening night GALA gets you:
- The chance to celebrate educational theater in a community that values arts education.
- Red carpet glitz and glamor, and, if you’d like, a great excuse to dress up
- A dazzling, thoroughly transformed, beautifully decorated party space
- Leisurely viewing of and bidding on all that Silent Auction swag
- Roving appetizer trays from Green Mill and a $10 coupon to Green Mill on the back of your $10 Gala ticket!
- Professional photographer, Jeanne Berget, to take spiffy family pictures
- Entertainment fit for Nubian and Egyptian royalty
SILENT AUCTION FAQs
Q: Do I have to attend the Gala to bid on Silent Auction items?
A: No. All are welcome to check out the goods and place their bids. Just sign up for a bidder number before you get started.
Q: When do I know if I win, and do I have to be present?
A: Bidding closes five minutes before the end of intermission. People can check their bids either before the show’s second half starts or after the show is over. We do prefer you pay for and pick up your winnings that same night.
Q: What sorts of donations are you still looking for?
A: Everything and anything. We need people to ask retailers for donations–remember they may value the 900+ opening night audience publicity. Cash always works. Or put together a theme basket. Here are some ideas to get you started:
For local services:
- Heppners Auto Body
- Oil change
- Teeth whitening
- Hair salons
and from local businesses:
- Liquor stores
- Sporting Goods Stores (Dick’s, Sports Authority, Gander Mountain, etc.)
- Department stores, like Target (of course)
- Woodbury Lakes
- Boutique shops
- Restaurants in Woodbury, Hudson, Afton, Lake Elmo, etc.
Or throw together a theme basket, with or without gift cards, such as:
- Italian dinner (noodles, sauce, cheese grinder, cookbook)
- Tasting oil sampler
- Chips and salsa sampler
- Baking basket (baking pan, spatula, baking mix, cupcake liners, etc)
- Hostess basket: (lotions, holiday towels, fancy soaps, etc)
- Dog Lovers (gift card to a pet supply store, toys, treats, copy of Old Yeller, etc)
- Family Movie Night (look for holiday, teenage, children’s, and/or comedy classics to create a theme, then add popcorn)
- Slumber party basket (hair and nail supplies; Any John Hughes movie; snacks)
- Family Game Night
- Wine lovers
- Beer connoisseur
- Tea and coffee sampler
- Chocolate lovers
- Sports lovers
- Hair and Nail care for guys or gals
- Booklovers–Bestsellers, mysteries, young adult, etc.
- Essential cookbooks
- College student survival packages
Q: Where should I drop off donations?
A: Contact Sara Finn (tel # 651-714-9510 or email@example.com)–she will pick up your donations from you. OR, you can drop them off at Sara’s house—there will be a bin outside her front door for donations:
10580 Pinnacle Way, Woodbury MN 55129
Q: When are donations due?
A: As soon as possible! We will take donations up until Monday, October 28. but since we need to put together descriptions for the items, the sooner we receive them the better.
Again, feel free to contact Sara at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and thanks again for your support of the Loft Stage’s largest fundraiser of the year!