Students will complete the following steps for auditions during the first week of school:
- Fill out the audition form and conflict calendar (with parent signature) before auditions.
- Sign up on the Loft door for a vocal/acting audition during one of the following times:
- Monday, September 9 at 3:15 pm
- Tuesday, September 10 at 3:15 pm (reserved for returning upperclassman with ERHS musical experience who have prepared their own vocal piece)
- Wednesday, September 11 at 3:15pm
- Sign up for a dance audition for one of the following times:
- Monday, September 9 at 7:00pm
- Tuesday, September 10 at 7:00pm
- Wednesday, September 11 at 7:00pm.
- Students can prepare a vocal audition piece of their choosing or sing a song from the show that the vocal director will select and teach to the whole group. Audition pieces should have an MP3 or CD accompaniment as there will be no accompanist present for auditions and should consist of 16-32 bars. Students can sing anything from their repertoire but are encouraged to sing something in the style of AIDA. A pop or rock song is fine if it is a well prepared piece. Students are encouraged to sing the staff-selected piece if they have not prepared a song in advance (don’t throw it together last minute).
- Audition cuttings, including the vocal piece can be found below!